GENERAL PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
Spinach Limited (“we” and “us”) needs to collect personal information from you and from others and share your information with others to:
- assess your application for credit;
- offer a service or market a product to you that is either our product or a product that we market or administer;
- conduct market research, where the information is combined with other information and in a form that does not identify you;
- meet our internal operational requirements, such as for credit and risk management, system or product development and planning, insurance, audit and administrative purposes; and
- facilitate the transfer or assignment of our rights.
- Provide your personal information to a credit reporter, including Equifax New Zealand Information Services and Solutions Limited or Dun & Bradstreet (New Zealand) Ltd, for identity verification, credit reporting (including for comprehensive credit reporting) and monitoring services both now and in the future.
- Make disclosure of any personal information to any third party that provides services to us including but not limited to any bank, law firm, other professional, debt collection agency, market research firm, insurer, potential assignee, transferee or other person whom we anticipate entering into contractual relations in connection with this loan, any third party who has or may have a financial interest in this loan, or any other person or organisation authorised by you, who has agreed to only collect, hold, use, and share your personal information for the purposes for which it has been given to them.
- Disclose and receive your personal information, including but not limited to details of this loan, any associated loan application, any financial dealings you may have with us, your address, telephone number(s), the place where you work, details of your income and any convictions you may have, with the organisations set out in paragraphs 1 and 2 above and in relation to the purposes listed above. You have a right to ask us not to use your personal information for the purpose of marketing or offering a service to you.
· If you do not consent we will not be able to consider your application.
· The lenders we work with may also use your personal information in the above ways.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Personal identification information
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, email address and contact information.
- Information necessary to verify your identity as required by anti-money laundering laws.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or special offers.
- Financial details pertaining to a loan application or other financial services.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our website, register on the website, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website related activities.
We may use that information:
- to consider this application;
- to consider any future application for products or services which involves you.
We can also use it:
- to administer and monitor products or services provided to you
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (including identity verification requirements)
- to provide you with information about other products or services, including those of selected third parties
- generally, to develop and run our business; and
You agree that - for those purposes – we can provide information about you to, and obtain information about you from, other organisations or people we consider appropriate. Those organisations might include our service providers, other financial and insurance institutions, government departments, and your employer or accountant, third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention, identity verification, and any other purposes relevant to those purposes (those third parties may retain information and use it for identity verification and fraud detection purposes), and other appropriate persons.
Non-personal identification information
· We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we use collected information
Spinach may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Website
We may need your information to display content on the Website correctly.
- To personalise the Users’ experience
We may use aggregated information to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Website
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the Website.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Google Analytics cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google. This information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this website only.
We may use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Spinach across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
AdWords remarketing may display ads to a User based on what parts of the Spinach website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
This cookie does not in any way identify you individually or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This User visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.”
Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to see ads from Spinach you can opt out in several ways:
You consent to us communicating with you electronically with respect to your application and/or loan. You also consent to us sending you marketing material and/or messages electronically or otherwise, even after you have repaid your loan in full. We will always give you the ability to opt out or unsubscribe from our emails. We may use third party service providers to help us send out newsletters or surveys.